Pages

My Natural Hair Affair Brunch Meetup

Carmen Veal








This beautiful young ladie has given us, "Hartford Naturals," somewhere to meet other like minded individuals. This event was well organized at the Laetus Restaurant and lounge was a great fit. For this first event, I predict the next on to have even more people.
The day of the event it was snowing a bit and I was running a little late, the event started at 11:30am but I arrived about 11:45 and when I arrived I was greeted by a wonderful ladie. This was a RSPV event so the ladie asked my name and checked the list.  Once I entered the event the founder (Carmen Veal) greeted me.

 TL Brooks and Carmen
I noticed that our hair styles we simular, we had our hair pulled up with the top half fluffed out. Hers looked like it may have been a twist-out and mine was a braid out with rollerset ends.  From head to toe the lady is stylish, as I expected from visiting her website and watching her on Youtube.  And yes,  I did my research because I wanted to get a feel of what this event would be like, especially since I was going to the event alone.



After being greeted by Carmen, I noticed that everyone was introducing themselves to each other as the Mamosa's flowed and the food was being brought out.  It was better than I had imaged and I totally enjoy myself, I didn't feel like I had come alone.  The conversations weren't forced, it almost felt as though we already knew one another. We were connecting on Facebook and Instagram and passing out business cards it turned out that a lot of us had a lot more in common than hair.










These ladies I had the most fun with.
I moved to the Hartford area from California where the Natural Hair Community has a large presence especially in Los Angeles, so it was strange to me that the closest place for Natural Hair Events was New York.  Carmen is smart and a energetic outgoing individual who has brought to Hartford what we were missing.

I look forward to the next event.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails